Vacuuming and Mopping are the two most important methods of cleaning any surface, while Vacuuming is the only option when cleaning a carpet floor, mopping is more beneficial when it comes to hard floor. If you have both [hard-floor and carpet] in your home, you would need to buy two different machines [a vacuum and a mop] for these surfaces. But with Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P and Roborock S5/S6 robotic vacuums you can achieve vacuuming and mopping for different surfaces with one single robotic vacuum cleaner.
Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P Review
Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P Advantages
- “Y” pattern of mopping cleans larger area in lesser time than the “S” pattern.
- Automatic Recharge and Resume, Very Little Human Intervention Needed.
- Easy Access to the dirt compartment.
- Runs on the Principle of “Fill it, Shut in and Forget It”.
- Very effective in cleaning the edges.
- Moves smoothly on on hard surfaces.
- With its offroad-esque wheels the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P can climb the doormats and carpets.
- The Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P sometimes struggles to find the docking station.
Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P Disadvantages
- Moving the Docking Station from its position can cause the Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P to get “lost”.
- A lot of dust deposits on the black surface glossy black surface. Though with a wipe you can get rid of it all.
- Cleaning the suction compartment is some task.
- Hair gets wrapped around the wheel axle, removing which could be tedious.
- “S” pattern does leave some areas un-cleaned.
- Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P Needs frequent cleaning of the dirt compartment and refilling of the mopping water tank.
- Given the circular shape of the vacuum Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P struggles with the corners.
- Gets stuck on slippers, brooms and cloths lying on the floor.
- Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P – INR. 24999.00 [$342]
- Roborock S5 Max – INR. 54900.00 [$590]
- Roborock S6 – INR. 450000.00 [$615.99]
- Verdict – The Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P is cheaper by 220% when compared with the Roborock S5 Max and cheaper by 180% when compared with the Roborock S6 model. When you compare the features associated with the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P and the price of the other two vacuums [S5 Max and S6] – Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P would be the right vacuum.
- Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P – 2100Pa
- Roborock S5 Max – 2000Pa
- Roborock S6 – 2000Pa
- Verdict – More suction power is directly proportional to deep cleaning. The Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P has slightly more suction compared to Roborock S5 Max and Roborock S6. Though the difference is merely 5%, the Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P has an edge over the Roborock S5 Max and S6 when it comes to carpet cleaning.
- Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P – Features advanced SLAM algorithm based laser scanning with an improved scanning range upto 8 meters. Can save up to 10 maps of your house and the deviation probability is less than 2%.
- Roborock S5 Max – The S5 MAX boasts of LiDAR based scanning, the laser range finder spins at an astonishing rate of 300 RPM to create a 360 degree view of the rooms. S5 MAX has a 98% navigation accuracy.
- Roborock S6 – Employs “Adaptive Routing” combined with LiDAR scanning. The S5 MAX and S6 can avoid stairs, understands no-go zones, no-mop zones and can make their way around obstacles. Will not bump into objects.
- Verdict – All the three robotic vacuums have the same basic navigation and mapping technology with some differences. Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P has the capacity to store 10 maps, giving an edge over the Roborock S5 Max & S6.
Compare Mopping Feature
- Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P – The “Mop P” has a large sweeping and mopping 2-in-1 water tank that is good to mop and area of 1200 to 1300 sq.ft in one charge.
- Roborock S5 Max – Features and extra-large 290 ml water tank can mop an area of approximately 2600 sq.ft area.
- Roborock S6 – The PURE variant of the Roborock S6 features a 180 ml water compartment that is enough to mop an area of over 1600 sq.ft. The S6 variant has a 140 ml water compartment, well suited to mop a 1150 sq.ft surface in a single charge.
- Verdict – The Roborock S5 Max with its extra large 290 ml reservoir has an edge over the Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P and Roborock S6. If you prefer to sanitize your hard floors and have a bigger house than you should definitely go for the Roborock S5 Max.
- Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P – The filter features a HEPA design which is easy to install and clean.
- Roborock S5 Max and S6 – E11 rated washable filters coated with Teflon. The filters trap dander, mold and other common home allergens. It is recommended to replace the filters every 3 to 6 months. The filter and the case are in one piece and are easy to remove and replace. The filter fits tightly and is completely leak-proof, helps maintain consistent suction.
- Verdict – Though the filters used in all the three robotic vacuum cleaners are at par, changing the filter in the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P is quite an hassle.
Compare Cleaning Methods
- All the three Robotic Vacuums [Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P, Roborock S5 Max and Roborock S6] feature Sweeping, Vacuuming and Mopping features. Sweeping is an essential part of the over all cleaning process since it collects all the debris at the center which is then sucked in. Automatic Mopping is the latest addition to these robotic vacuum cleaners.
- Verdict – All the three robotic vacuums are at par when it comes to cleaning methods. though there are differences in how much area that clean and time taken for cleaning.
Compare Side BrushesAll the three robotic vacuum cleaners feature 2 silicone side brushes that sweep the edges of the room, flicking the debris towards the main roller brush. The side-brushes do not scratch the furniture and claim to last longer than the nylon brushes. The Roborock vacuums [S5 Max and S6] have an edge over the Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P since their side-brush rotate at 330 RPM at the room-edges for thorough cleaning and at 130 RPM when away from the edges. The slow RPM of the Roborock vacuums make sure the dust is not flung into the air.
- All the three vacuums Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P, Roborock S5 Max and Roborock S6 have a 3-hour runtime on quite mode
- Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P – 14 Sensors
- Roborock S5 Max – 13 Sensors
- Roborock S6 – 14 Sensors
- Verdict – The Roborock S5 MAX does not have “Filter is in Position” and “Auto-Detect Clogged Filter”. The lack of the ability to detect the filter can damage the sensitive electronic parts of the vacuum, so if you are going to buy the Roborock S5 Max, be careful.
Compare Climbing AbilityAll the three robotic vacuums can climb 2 cm of obstacles/room threshold. This feature help the robotic vacuums to easily transit without pausing from one surface to another, like from hardwood floor to carpet or vice versa.
- Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P – 3200mAh
- Roborock S5 Max – 5200mAh
- Roborock S6 – 5200mAh
- Verdict – As you cans see, the Roborock S5 MAX and S6 have a more powerful battery Lithium-Ion Battery that is 63% more powerful than the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P. More powerful battery is directly proportional to more suction power and more runtime. Roborock vacuums are better than the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P.
- Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P – 69 db to 76 db
- Roborock S5 Max – 62.4 db
- Roborock S6 – 58 db
- Verdict – The Roborock S6 is the quietest of the 3 robotic vacuums with the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P being the noisiest.
Compare Bin Capacity
- Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P – 300 ml
- Roborock S5 Max – 460 ml
- Roborock S6 – 460 ml
- Verdict – The Roborock S5 Max and S6 have 53.33% more space to collect the dust and debris as compared to the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P. More dust bin space means you need to empty it less frequently. Roborock robot vacuums have an edge over the Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P robot here.
- Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P – The vacuum can be controlled by Xiaomi Home App and Google Voice Assistant.
- Roborock S5 Max and Roborock S6 – Button on the Vacuum , Roborock App, Mi Home App, Alexa, Google Home and Siri voice control.
- Verdict – The Roborock vacuums S5 Max and S6 have a clear edge over the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop P given the multiple voice control options.